Take advantage of our financial strength and loyalty between our carrier base and transportation brokers. Our carriers are paid a fair rate, and we pay them on time. Coastal Transportation Services assures that the carrier moving your freight has the right equipment, knowledge and ability to get the job done on time and within budget.
Harness the strength of our network and tools
- Internal load posting board
- Membership & broker access to multiple load posting boards increase your truckloads and backhauls quicker & easier.
- Expert Logistics management helps you service your clients and your bottom line more efficiently.
- Know your backed by our full-time financial staff to handle all aspects of billing customers, timely payments to carriers, and all other financial operations.
- Take advantage of our pro active marketing program and increase your loads, client base and industry exposure.
Team Players: Incredible opportunity for someone wanting to work with a progressive company that offers:
- Commission only pay structure which is very competitive and has unlimited earning potential.
- Work out of your home or office.
- Centralized invoicing and accounting functions.
- Expedited carrier pay cycles.
- Customer credit checks.
- Internet-based logistics software.
- Exceptional administrative support.
Do you have:
- 3+ years experience in trucking operations, brokerage sales/service, and/or dispatching operations?
- Do you have an established current customer and carrier account base?
- The ability / know how to run your own independent freight agent office including servicing your shippers and carriers from beginning to end of their loads?
- Ability to use computer-based brokerage software and electronic mail, and perform internet searches?
- Do you posses the skills for expanding the book of business and carrier base?
- Are you good at bidding your loads and running a healthy margin?
- Excellent communication skills?
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills?
- Are you a motivated, determined, aggressive, confident, successful, entrepreneur-minded, must be hands-on, high energy & enjoy a fast-paced work environment ?
If you answered Yes than we would like to talk to you!
Two Choices: Name and contact info required:
1. Fill in the form below and attach your resume with your work experience and history
2.No Resume? In the message area type in your experience there (yrs in industry, if you meet all the above criteria, work history) if your currently working.
Note: While we would love to team with everybody that applies at this time the posted positions are for experienced freight agents with current established client / carrier bases as positions are commission split only. If you are just entering or exploring this as a potential career you might find some of the articles on our site helpful in exploring and learning about being a freight broker agent.
Unfortunately at this time Coastal does not offer agent training nor entry level positions.
A Freight Broker Agent is an independent agent who works with a licensed Freight Broker to serve as a Freight Intermediary in the Third Party Logistics, 3PL industry. Agents work with shippers and carriers to move goods and produce from the dock or point of production to the market by finding the necessary transportation resource. Agents have or develop customers who have shipment requirements, (known as shippers), and need on demand access to carriers but do not want to maintain trucks, (carrier resources), or logistics departments. Read more
The measure of a successful Freight Brokerage can be determined by the statements of those who work there. We have some of the happiest, best paid independent Freight Broker Agents in the industry.
At Coastal we believe that the hard work of our independent agents deserves fair, impartial treatment and the best pay in the industry.
No question the job is difficult and stressful at times and our agents rise to the challenges to solve their customers logistics problems on a daily basis.
Read the standard testimonial our agents give us. Contact us, by filling out the form on our web site if you need further information on how you can become a part of our team or if you just want more information. We’re here to help you succeed as an independent freight broker agent.
Read the story of one of Coastal’s Freight agents, Does this sound like your story?